American Psychological Association or APA has published requirements that are specific guidelines for writing assignments and papers in social sciences. Aside from guidelines for citations, references and pages that are initial there are of course some guidelines for the outlines of papers and assignments.
Basic principles and guidelines in American Psychological Association (APA)
The basic rules and guidelines in the American Psychological Association (APA) are the following:
- 12-point Sheriff, Times New Roman or Courier font for many text and no less than 8-point font for tables and figures.
- The writing must be double spaced like the quotes and reference list.
- The page numbers needs to be located in the upper right corner regarding the paper.
- The margins should be set to 1” for each relative region of the paper.
- The title for the thesis needs to be stated in the cover page and then it should be placed only when you look at the left corner that is upper of pages.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) will not use underlined text. Bolded text may be used only on figures and tables when data that are specific be stressed and highlighted.
- Capitalization is also rarely used. Job titles could be capitalized only if the person’s name follows (for example, it’s going to be the president of the company however in case the final name is given then it will be President Williams). Also, names of models, theories, diseases and buy essay conditions are not capitalized. […]